The Upper Room magazine’s mission is to provide a model of practical Christianity, accessible in varied formats, to help people feel invited and welcomed into God’s presence to:
- listen to scripture as God’s personal message, linking their stories to God’s story;
- commune with God in prayer;
- see their daily choices and small acts of obedience as part of God’s work;
- realize our connection through Christ as a universal family of believers;
- encounter the living Christ and be transformed into Christ’s likeness.
the devozine story
devozine® is a devotional lifestyle magazine (devozine for short!) designed just for youth and published by The Upper Room® in Nashville, Tennessee. devozine is written by young people and by adults who work with them and love them.
The magazine was launched in 1996 after a small group of teens in South Dakota challenged the church to come up with a magazine “just for them.” Read about devozine’s beginnings in an article from our very first issue.
devozine’s purpose is to help young people 14–19 years old develop a lifelong practice of spending time with God and of reflecting on what God is doing in their lives.
Each issue of the bi-monthly, 64-page, full-color magazine focuses on nine themes, one for each week. Each theme includes weekday meditations and a feature article for the weekend. Meditations may be read in chronological or random order.